The Planning Board continually strives to inform the community about park activities and planning initiatives. With active participation from civic groups, homeowners organizations and residents throughout the county, we are building great communities and improving quality of place.
For information or to get involved in our decision-making process, public meetings, programs and events, see what we have to offer! Here’s how you can play a part.
Subscribe to InfoShare, our weekly e-newsletter, which contains information on the Planning Board agenda, upcoming events in the Department of Parks and important notices from the Planning Department.
Watch the Planning Board
Navigate to our livestream to watch the Planning Board when it is in session. You also can watch Planning Board sessions and selected other past events in the archives.
Sign up to Speak Before the Planning Board
The Planning Board meets every Thursday at its Silver Spring headquarters and welcomes your input on items that come before them. Register to testify on an item up to 10 days in advance of a Planning Board hearing. Sign up online once the agenda is posted, call 301-495-4600 to put your name on the list, or submit your name to the Planning Board assistant on the day of the hearing.
How to Participate in Reviewing Development Applications
Have you seen a sign advertising a proposed development in your neighborhood? You have the opportunity to voice your opinions about development applications.
- Watch our video, How to Participate Effectively in Reviewing Development Applications
- For more information about applications including schedule, lead reviewer, case number, and public hearing date, visit the Development Activity Information Center (DAIC). Need an application number? Check signs or call 301-495-4550 with an address.
Planning Department Information Counter
Our Information Counter staff answers questions from home buyers, developers, students, community members, and property owners on Montgomery County development and planning activities. We can help you find detailed information as well as provide a big picture look at what's happening in your area.
Homeowners Association Lists
To help you notify residents about planned development in a community or contact them about other civic matters, we sell lists of homeowners and civic associations upon request. Our lists include mailing addresses and phone numbers only.
- Complete list (all Montgomery County homeowners and civic associations): $25
- Customized list (up to a mile-radius of a specific intersection): $10 per page
- We do not know the full cost until we run the request and determine the number of pages. After we have processed your request, we will notify you of the cost and payment options.
Update your organizational leadership contact information using our easy tool.
View our instructional videos
Browse our entire video library on Vimeo.
* To increase resident involvement in the planning process, the Planning Board, in concert with County Cable Montgomery, produced a cable show available on CD that reviews the many ways county residents can have a voice in planning their communities. This episode won a "gold" Ava award from the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals. Request a free copy of "How to get Involved in Montgomery County Planning."
Read our Blogs
Visit The Straight Line, a design blog that delivers our take on the buildings, streets and spaces that make up where we live, work and play. Staff’s commentary starts the conversation, but we want to hear from you. Check back often and set us straight.
View a Snapshot of Park and Planning Activities
Get the scoop on all of the projects underway by Montgomery County's Department of Parks and Planning Department. Download the most recent semi-annual report of activities to the County Council.
Language Interpretation Services
The Planning Board, Department of Parks and Planning Department provide access to language interpretation services for Planning Board meetings, community meetings and other programs. If you, or someone you know, needs language interpretation services, please contact us or call 301-495-4600 at least five days prior to the meeting or program.
M-NCPPC staff contact
(301) 495-4507 Office
(301) 641-0457 Cell
Date of last update: February 26, 2013